So here's what happened:
My 60 something year old (at the time) uncle wears dentures. He wanted to save a few bucks and thought that he would repair the crack in the pink section that snugs up to the roof of his mouth himself. So he decided to use superglue to bond the two sides back together. He's holding his chops in one hand and has just laid a nice wide bead of superglue down the crack with the other when a housefly buzzing by skims the side of his forehead right over his eyebrow.
And if you don't see this accident waiting to happen let me spell it out for you. He brings up the hand that is still holding the repaired dentures to brush away the fly, just touches his forehead with them gluing the chops to his eyebrow while at the same time letting just enough superglue get airborne, into that eye sealing it instantly and leaving those chops dangling.
So after cutting his chops free, he tries everything he can think of that won't blind him to get that damn eye open, he gives up and heads to our local hospital emergency room for help. There, they managed to unstick the stuck eyelid and send him on his way less half an eyebrow but with two good eyes for the drive home.
So I'd like to know, what superglue mishaps have happened in your family?